Our spacious grounds beside Big Brook State Forest provide ample room for children with a beach volleyball court and a range of complimentary indoor and outdoor games available to guests.
Visitors can also enjoy several walk trails, ranging from a one-kilometre stroll through the forest to longer forest walks finishing at Big Brook Dam or nearby wineries. The Bibbulmun track, one of the worlds long distant walk trails, provides some lovely day walks through the Karri forest and it's right on our doorstep. Pick-ups for Bibbulmun Track walkers are available - just ask when you book your stay with us.
A library of reference books is also available for wildflower, bird and nature lovers; as well as a book exchange for those just wanting to switch off.
Pemberton Forest Stay is conveniently located nine kilometres from the scenic town of Pemberton in the heart of WA's Southern Forests. Pemberon township is nestled among surrounding hills and forests and boasts atttractions to suit many tastes.
Some of these include:
- the famous Pemberton
Tramway Company taking passengers deep into the forest using
historic timber industry railways
- several artists and galleries including the Alex Bond Gallery, Fine Wood Gallery,
Gallery and Peter
- a variety of places to eat out suiting a range of budgets such
as the Millhouse Cafe, Pemberton Hotel, Sadies Restaurant,
Silver Birch Restaurant and Coffee Connection Cafe.
And of course... Pemberton's beautiful natural attractions - the forest, nearby coast and picturesque waterfalls. Below are a few ideas to help you enjoy the great outdoors experience that Pemberton has to offer:
- Enjoy a hike through the forest on the Bibbulmun Track. A couple of fantastic day walks on the Track from
Pemberton Forest Stay are to Beedelup Falls, Big Brook Dam or
into Pemberton itself (remember we are happy to arrange pick-ups
and offer a 10% discount to Friends of the Bibbulmun Track)
- take a drive on the Karri Forest Explorer Tourist Drive through national parks, past wineries and to the beautiful Big Brook Dam
- Book a 4WD tour to Yeagerup Dunes and the beautiful
D'Entrecasteux coast with Pemberton
- canoe on the beautiful Warren River, try your hand at fly fishing or experience the joys of rock climbing or abseiling
- get to the forest canopy by climbing either the Gloucester Tree (at 65 m) or the Bicentennial Tree (at 75 m)
- have a leisurely lunch at one of Pemberton's wineries - here
are just a few to get you started... Mountford
Winery & Tangletoe Cidery, Hidden
Warren Vineyard, Pemberton
Wine Centre, Jarrah Jacks and Knights Winery.